Register now for Advancing Racial Equity: The Role of Government, Wisconsin
March 7 @ 8:30 am – 4:30 pm UTC-6
The Government Alliance on Race and Equity, in partnership with The Wisconsin Racial Equity Alliance, is convening on March 7 in Appleton, WI. This event is designed to:
- Increase understanding of and commitment to racial equity and the role that government can play in advancing it.
- Share local and national racial equity effective practices.
- Further cross-jurisdictional, cross-community, and cross-sector partnerships
This event is an opportunity to learn more about the growing movement to create an effective and inclusive democracy that advances racial equity.
This event is designed for:
- elected and appointed government officials;
- managers and staff working in government; and,
- community and institutional partners who believe in the power of a public sector for the public good – a public sector that advances racial equity.
GARE’s focus is on normalizing conversations about race, operationalizing new tools and policies, and organizing to achieve racial equity. We are seeing more and more jurisdictions throughout the country make a commitment to achieving racial equity as they focus on the power and influence of their own institutions and work across sectors and with the community to maximize impact. GARE works with government in the belief that its transformation is essential to advance racial equity and critical to our success as a nation.
This one-day workshop includes:
- an orienation to racial equity foundational terms and concepts;
- local and national examples of effective government racial equity strategies;
- opportunities for cross-sector and cross-jurisdictional sharing; and
- discussion of possible next steps (including GARE membership and learning options) to continue and sustain the work of advancing racial equity in Wisconsin communities.
Please join GARE to learn about what we can do together to achieve racial equity and create a society that works better for everyone. Click here to register.