Striving to eliminate racism and all forms of discrimination in Rock County by embracing diversity and multiculturalism, and fostering justice, dignity and respect for everyone.
DAT is about…
- Socializing across racial boundaries
- Working together
- Creating welcoming communities
- Sharing our stories
- Offering multicultural educational programs
- Designing and implementing community projects
- Giving voice to people of color
- Bringing focus to ethnic issues
- Inspiring justice and equality
- Encouraging media coverage respecting our community’s diversity
“Give me your tired your poor
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”
-Inscription on the Statue of Liberty